Best IVR software, which stands for Interactive Voice Response software, is a type of automated business call management software that serves as a conduit between your callers and your firm as a whole.
Have you ever called a company’s customer service hotline for assistance with a problem, and a pre-recorded professional voice welcomed you and asked you to select an option from a menu? An IVR is a software that plays the pre-recorded message and takes your feedback.
When a consumer phones your company with a question or to obtain business-related information, the best IVR software greets them and offers them a menu of alternatives from which they can select one, and records their selection.
When the caller enters their selection, the software takes additional steps based on what the user has picked via their mobile keypad or voice answer. As a result, it is not incorrect to state that the client is in control of the IVR, which is why they feel appreciated. If the situation is complex and the caller requires more assistance, the IVR can provide them with pre-recorded material or transfer the call to a support team member.
The Advantages of Interactive Voice Response Software (IVR)
Choosing the best IVR software may be beneficial to your organisation in the long term. Here’s how:
Enhance your company’s customer service
Because more than half of all support calls are unnecessary, the best IVR software ensures that not all calls are automatically routed to live agents.
Furthermore, you may enter information about your firm that your clients commonly ask about, such as business hours, office address, and so on. As a result, the support crew can attend to more important inquiries while pre-recorded messages may answer calls requiring such information.
Popular IVRs have a self-routing function that allows clients to listen to pre-recorded information or speak with a live representative.
Increase your company’s lead conversion.
IVR software helps you obtain new clients faster and easier than you would without it since it increases employee efficiency and helps enhance your interaction with your consumers.
A complex IVR can handle IVR use cases such as multi-level IVR, automatic rooting, voicemail tool, and forward-to-Phone. Using these use cases, the IVR may resolve customer concerns and convert more leads for their company.
Consider this example: when you route your customer’s call to a knowledgeable agent who already has a list of all the troubles he has had in the past, he understands the firm appreciates him and begins to trust your organisation.
If your support staff is not accessible at the time, he will have the choice of self-service or leaving a voice message that will be answered by your team later.
Retain customers, maximise your time, and profit.
Being efficient will help you save time and money in the long term. In today’s fast-paced environment, customer service centres must optimise the average time spent answering customers’ questions.
Any irritated consumer does not want to be kept waiting, and they are more likely to stop acquiring anything. This scenario may worsen, and they may abandon you in favour of one of your competitors who focuses on “customer-oriented” service. IVR software may reduce typical call length by up to 40% on average. This allows your support team to assist your clients, handle their questions, and validate their transactions much more quickly.
These objectives can be met by creating a real-time live chat function or an automated routing capability. As you can see, faster query resolution time is the deciding factor here. Furthermore, if you can execute transactions quickly, you will be able to increase your company’s profit, but being unable to do so may cause your client to reconsider. Furthermore, a pleased consumer is more likely to use your services again in the future, which will help your business.
Best IVR Software for small businesses
In this roundup, we have compiled a list of the best IVR software that may increase the productivity of support workers while also benefiting your business.
Freshdesk, formerly known as Freshworks, is a simple yet sophisticated cloud-based IVR software that assists small and medium-sized enterprises in interacting with their clients in the most cost-effective manner possible.
The user-friendly interface, popular in over 90 countries, allows SMEs to create their virtual contact centre with only a few clicks and without spending a dime on phone hardware. Freshdesk can link with numerous CRM and helpdesk solutions via the API, allowing support teams to collaborate without disrupting the workflow.
Freshdesk enables support personnel to communicate with consumers from their PCs, laptops, and even smartphones (Android and iOS). As a result, the team may perform remotely while remaining closely linked. Its detailed reporting and analytics tools provide managers with real-time information on consumer inquiries and employee performance.
The Freshdesk’s distinguishing traits include the following:
- Play a personalised song for consumers who are on hold.
- The module for producing quality and performance reports
- The ability to configure an automated attendant to accept calls while staff are unavailable.
- A Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) number may be reached from anywhere.
This contemporary and reliable IVR software provides four premium plans beginning at USD 13 to fulfil the needs of various business levels. Before purchasing any of these programmes, you may sign up for a 21-day free trial.
JustCall is one of the most efficient and simple IVR systems for your company’s customer service department. It has no severe hardware requirements; all you need is a fast internet connection to use this software. JustCall is very flexible, and as a business, you may set up an intuitive IVR software that accepts inputs from your clients as digits. Furthermore, calls can be sent straight to the appropriate department.
Setting up this IVR is simple; either transfer your current phone number or obtain a new one, and set up customer assistance for over 70 countries. You may also combine JustCall with your company’s CRM and helpdesk to boost your support team.
The following are some prominent features:
- Set up a multi-level IVR system to aid with call automation and forward calls to specialist teams.
- native connectivity with more than 100 CRMs and helpdesk software, including Zendesk, Zoho-CRM, Hubspot, Salesforce, Slack, and others.
- Call tracking and recording services are available.
- Making and receiving calls from your PC, mobile device, or web app is easy.
JustCall has three premium versions: Standard ($25 per user per month), Premium ($50 per user per month), and an Enterprise package that is configurable according to your needs.
Aircall is a cloud-based tool that helps sales and support teams streamline and manage client contacts. It enables its users to easily establish a clear communication line with their consumers in over 100 countries.
It is intended for small and medium-sized organisations to add IVR functionality into client relationship management (CRM) and helpdesk software in order to manage after-sales calls.
Voicemail, queueing, recording, shared call inbox facility, contact management, instant messaging, conference calling, software pairing, call recording, automatic emailing, assigning, tagging, and adding comments are just a few of the revolutionary features offered by Aircall. Employees can also be grouped depending on their location, tasks, and expertise. This feature aids in the development of corporate plans as well as the efficiency and communication abilities of teams.
You also get phone numbers that allow you to make calls from any location and even see the live broadcast while on the phone. Aircall can expertly interact with a variety of third-party software, including Salesforce, Zendesk, Pipedrive, and Slack.
Charges for Aircall’s flexible voice solution packages begin at $30 per user per month for the basics package and $50 per user per month for the professional package when invoiced annually. It is also possible to participate in a live demo and test the software before purchasing it.
CloudTalk is an amazing solution for increasing your company’s sales and improving the abilities of your support staff. It is a simple and easy-to-use IVR tool. It has the potential to greatly improve the customer experience and team performance of startups, scaleups, SME’s, and other e-commerce businesses.
CloudTalk offers over 50 sophisticated calling capabilities to help it achieve its aim, including call queuing, internal calls, phone number tagging, personalised messages, greetings, call masking, 3-way calling, and more.
CloudTalk can interact with third-party business solutions such as CRM, Helpdesk, and other eCommerce platforms such as Zendesk, Freshdesk, Salesforce, Pipedrive, Hubspot, Intercom, and others. This user-centered software enables businesses to give much-needed assistance to their clients while also significantly increasing their profit.
CloudTalk has the following features:
- The call recording function aids in the monitoring of the employee’s performance.
- Make the conversation more customised by seeing the customer’s data before answering the phone.
- Integration with CRM and other helpdesk software such as Pipedrive, Helpscount, and Shopify is available.
- Monitoring of the sales and support staff in real time.
- supports custom fields for obtaining relevant data from the user in order to meet the needs of a specific customer.
- Call routing through Automated Call Distribution (ACD), IVR menu, and Skills-based Routing is supported.
- The option to tag customers and afterwards identify them using the tags
Cloudtalk has three premium packages: Starter, Essential, and Expert, which cost USD 25 per month, USD 30 per month, and USD 50 per month, respectively. Before purchasing one of the aforementioned programmes, you may sign up for a 14-day free trial and try the software.
Zendesk is an online customer portal created with the primary objective of improving organisations’ entire customer experience. It provides robust and customised customer service and engagement tools that may meet the needs of any organisation. Zendesk is continually strengthening company communication channels by aiding customers in over 60 languages.
The dynamic interface provides all of the tools needed for customer engagement, such as web widgets, ticket answer templates, and a record of the client’s complaints.
Customers can be professionally assisted by automated support technologies as soon as they require assistance. Zendesk also provides live chat metrics, which provide information about customer happiness and the effectiveness of your support teams.
Another outstanding feature of Zendesk is its capacity to create a knowledge base that maintains track of frequently asked questions (FAQs) so that customers may look through them before flagging their issues in general. The front-end portal is extremely adaptable and can easily interact with other programmes like Salesforce and Google Analytics.
Zendesk’s main advantages are as follows:
- It provides the quickest customer support and is simple to implement.
- enhances consumer interactions across several communication channels, including online, email, chat, and social media platforms.
- More than 20 pre-defined dashboards and reports provide robust reporting and sophisticated analytics.
- Salesforce, Google Apps, WordPress, and other business software may be integrated.
Zendesk’s Support Only plans start at USD 19 per agent per month and go up to USD 49 per agent per month for Suite Team plans. You may also sign up for a free trial before selecting a plan that meets your needs.
Twilio is a strong customer engagement platform that is paving the way for a better commercial communication medium. It uses channel APIs, deployable serverless tools, and fully-programmable solutions to integrate phones, VoIP, and messaging into your company’s web, desktop, and mobile apps.
By utilising the universally accepted cloud API, Twilio eliminates the need for complex telecommunication equipment while establishing a highly advanced communication structure.
Twilio’s most striking feature is its capacity to scale to meet the demands of your organisation. Twilio requires you to pay only for what you require; there is no long-term commitment, and you may upgrade your premium plan as your business grows.
Twilio claims to have improved the customer interaction experience for over 220,000 enterprises globally, and it is used by over 10 million developers to construct customer care systems. Twilio is trusted in over 180 countries, with text marketing, Interactive Voice Response Systems (IVRs), escalations, and contact centres being the most prevalent application cases.
Twilio’s strong points are as follows:
- This allows for the incorporation of cloud communications capability into the business app.
- allows for speedier communication by supporting high-speed API requests.
- SMS, audio, video, and other communication methods are all supported.
- It is possible to incorporate a live chat component into a commercial programme.
- supports live broadcasting on many platforms at the same time.
Twilio adheres to the pay-as-you-go pricing module, ensuring that you are not bound by obligations. It offers over fifteen price options that you can tailor to your specific needs.
Five9 is a cloud-based full-featured call centre system that serves over 2000 businesses worldwide. It provides numerous solutions, including inbound and outbound call management, predictive dialer, progressive dialer, social customer care, automated call distribution (ACD), and others, by using the power of AI.
Using high-quality automated solutions lessens the pressure on live agents while also providing a better customer experience and lowering overall service costs. Five9, which manages over five billion minutes of conversations every year, equips contact centres with the power of AI. It is continually aiming to assist its clients in providing a better customer experience. It is equipped with advanced features such as four distinct smart diallers, which enables your support staff to avoid unanswered calls and busy signals, saving them a significant amount of time.
The routing system can automatically route calls to the appropriate agents. Five9 also retrieves information on the caller and his prior troubles. These assists call agents in determining the next action to take. It also encourages callers to self-serve in order to improve the customer experience across all communication channels such as phone, chat, mobile, email, social, and more. Furthermore, dynamic dashboards keep track of real-time and historical metrics and data.
The following are the primary advantages of utilising this IVR software:
- There are no strict software prerequisites, and the configuration is simple.
- Low maintenance expenses and no expensive equipment are required.
- Call routing and intelligent dialers
- It is simple to combine with other software.
- Dashboards provide real-time performance information.
Five9’s cost varies significantly depending on many criteria, such as the quantity of agents and product variants. You must contact them directly to obtain a personalised price quotation for your company.
Nuance Conversational IVR assists in the management of conversational incoming telephone enquiries. Nuance anticipates the requirements of clients and even greets them with unique greetings. It also encourages clients to begin self-service, allowing them to get the information they require.
Another noteworthy feature that drew my attention was the ability of this IVR software to swiftly modify the conversation style dependent on the context of the discussions. It is also feasible to programme Nuance to answer first-time enquiries based on the knowledge base, freeing up the support crew to tackle more complicated client concerns.
Here are some of the advantages of using Nuance as your IVR software:
- Nuance encourages clients to use self-service, allowing call operators to handle more lucrative calls.
- Employee recruiting and training costs can be reduced by using automated inquiry processing and self-services.
- Because of Nuance Mix, it is possible to simply alter the software, decreasing development time.
- IVR and biometric identification technologies are supported to assist in authenticating your customers’ identities and eliminate scam calls.
- Reduce the total cost of ownership by increasing containment and encouraging automation through self-service features.
- Integrate the Nuance IVR with your corporate software seamlessly to save unnecessary workload.
Nuance offers customised IVR plans based on your company’s requirements. You must contact them in order to obtain estimates.
MyOperator is an effective web-based contact centre management software that assists in the administration of both inbound and outbound calls. MyOperator, which is trusted by over 6,000 businesses globally, has various sophisticated features that are difficult to find elsewhere.
- Get a toll-free number for your firm to help promote your brand’s image and allow clients to contact you for free.
- Interactive Voice Response welcomes your consumers with a personalised message and may route calls to calling agents located around the country.
- To keep track of your team members that work remotely, use the automatic reports.
- Track and listen in on real-time interactions between the client and the agent from nearly anywhere.
- Missed call management tools allow you to know which calls you’ve missed so you can return them on time and improve your prospective buyers.
- Track all inbound and outgoing calls to increase support staff efficiency.
- Using MyOperator’s app, you can simply handle inbound and outgoing calls from your Android or Apple smartphone.
MyOperator provides a three-day trial period for its IVR technology. The software’s premium edition costs USD 33 per month. You may either use a toll-free number to keep your brand voice or a cell number to make call management easier.
NICE contacting CXone is a great cloud-based IVR platform that assists businesses in managing customer contact across many channels, such as inbound and outgoing phone calls, email, voicemail, chat, social media, and many more. Many sophisticated features are available with this call centre software, including omnichannel routing, workforce optimization, automated call distribution (ACD), and interactive voice response (IVR) software.
NICE inContact is a full-featured call centre suite that includes many technologies for handling inbound support inquiries and maximising leads while lowering client retention costs. In addition to customer engagement tools, NICE inContact CXone provides various capabilities that can assist in improving your company’s workforce. These include solutions for e-learning, recruiting, and workforce management.
The automatic dialler tool, designed specifically for mixed call centres, is one of the amazing features of this IVR. It can handle a variety of tasks, including call mixing, message lay-down dialling, call suppression, and auto dialling. Furthermore, it is simple to interface with popular CRM software, such as Salesforce and Oracle Service Cloud.
The following are the advantages of NICE inContact CXone software:
- Workflow organisation is aided by simplified working and partial and total automation options.
- encourages customers to serve themselves, which keeps them happy while saving you money
- Detect repetitive requests and dispatch them to automated tools, while difficult issues are routed to your help operators.
NICE contacting CXone provides a free trial of its IVR software. If you want to buy their software to improve your customer service department, you must contact them and seek a price.
Your company’s support staff needs interactive voice response software to manage client engagement via different channels. Choose the one that best fulfils your needs while remaining within your budget.
You might be interested in call monitoring software for marketing and sales, as well as how to obtain a virtual phone number for your company. Do you want to hire a virtual assistant? Look into virtual assistants for your company on these sites.