How To Share Someone Else’s Story On Instagram
Only a brief period of time is allowed for Instagram Stories to be viewed. Instagram is difficult to share or retweet someone else’s unique work, in contrast to other social media sites.
However, if you particularly like someone’s Instagram Story, you might want to share it with your friends and followers. How and when to share other users’ material on the platform are covered in this article.
How to Share a Story on Instagram
Sharing someone else’s Instagram Story can be done in a number of ways. But there are guidelines to follow as well. Let’s get going!
How to Post a Story from Instagram to Your Story
Instagram makes it simple to share someone else’s Story.
Whether or not you were tagged by the creator greatly influences whether you can add their Story to your own. There is no way to link the Story to yours if the user did not tag you.
However, for now, the focus is on how to post someone else’s Instagram Story, presuming you were tagged in it. There are undoubtedly more possibilities below.
- In the upper right-hand corner of Instagram, tap the “paper aircraft” (direct messages icon).
- When you were tagged in the story, open the “tagging notification” you were sent.
- To publish the Story as usual, choose “Add to Your Story” and then choose “Send.”
How to Share a Story with Others
Even if you weren’t tagged, you could still send another user an Instagram Story. This strategy is useful if you only want to reveal it to a certain group of friends because it doesn’t post the Story for everyone to view.
To be able to share it to someone else, the original poster must have their account set to “Public.”
Follow these steps to share an Instagram Story with another user:
- At the top of your screen, tap “Story.”
- To the right of the text box, tap the “paper airplane” icon.
- Next to each user you wish to receive the Story, tap “Send.”
All there is to it is that. If there isn’t a paper aircraft icon next to the text box, the other user either has their account set to private or hasn’t enabled sharing in their permissions.
Using the “Share to” Option, you can share Instagram Stories with others.
Instagram’s ability to share a Story link via an external software is another useful feature. For instance, you can send a link to an adorable or humorous Instagram Story to a buddy via Twitter, WhatsApp, Telegram, Meta Messenger, or even the built-in “Messages” tool. This is the procedure.
- In the upper right-hand corner, tap the “vertical ellipsis” (three vertical dots), then tap “Instagram Story.”
- Choose “Share To…”
- Select the “application” that you want to utilize.
Instagram opens the link when your buddy taps on it, taking them straight to the Story.
How to Share and Copy Stories on Instagram
Sharing content within the Instagram app or in a separate program, such as Facebook Messenger, Twitter Direct Messages, your phone’s default messaging app, etc., is slightly different than copying other people’s Instagram Stories and sharing them with others. Even in Windows Notepad, though it is probably not what you would do, this technique enables you to copy the link and paste it wherever you like. The link can be pasted in a variety of places, including Facebook posts, social app communications, text, SMS, and MMS messages. This is the procedure.
- Tap the “vertical ellipsis” (three vertical dots) in the top right-hand corner of the “Instagram Story” you wish to duplicate after choosing it.
- Decide on “Copy Link.”
- Open the application you wish to use to share the link, such as Gmail, Meta (Facebook), Messenger, Twitter, Twitter Direct Message, Excel, Word, Snapchat, etc.
Make Your Stories Shareable by Making Them Public
To share Instagram Stories again, they must be set to “Public” by default, unless you actively change them to “Private.” Ideally, you should keep as much of your account as is practical public and just make it private if there are problems. Otherwise, the purpose of using social media is defeated.
Anyone can view a public Instagram profile, and it will show up in searches and suggested lists. The only people who can see a private account are the friends you follow. The other person cannot read your Private profile if you are not following them. They will not only follow you because of that.
Do this to make your account public or private:
- To reach the Menu on Instagram, tap the “profile” button.
- Then click “Privacy” under “Settings.”
- Decide on “Account Privacy.”
- Depending on your needs, turn “Private Account” on or off.
You only need to follow the above instructions if switching to or from a private option because your profile is already set to public.
Making a Story Shareable on Instagram by Tagging Someone
Getting tagged in a post is the second essential element in sharing it. Only after someone tags you in a Story are you able to repost it. Therefore, how do you tag someone in an Instagram Story?
- As per normal, add an image, captions, titles, stickers, etc. to your “Story.”
- Write a “@mention” with their username by selecting “any space” within the image.
Within a Story, you can tag numerous individuals, and doing so alerts them all. Although you can stop your Story from being reposted, you cannot stop this notification from appearing.
In conclusion, reposting is an essential component of social media, but only seldom. Imagine you only get one or two swipes per day or per week on a dating or gaming app. Naturally, you’d hold onto them until you had anything noteworthy or interesting to repost. On Instagram, if you repost anything too frequently, you risk being ignored or losing followers, and no one wants that on a social media platform!
FAQs for Instagram Story/Post Sharing
Can I publish another person’s content to my Instagram Story?
As long as their account is set to “Public,” you may share someone else’s post in your Story. When presented with the paper aeroplane icon, choose “Add post to your narrative.”
A clickable link to the content you’ve selected to share will subsequently appear in your Story. By taking the same actions, you can share “Reels” as well.
How can I prevent someone from posting my Stories online?
You can turn off the feature in Instagram’s settings if you don’t want other users to share your Story.
- To begin, click the “Profile icon.” Next, click or tap the “hamburger icon” (three horizontal lines) located in the top right corner of the screen.
2. Decide on “Settings.”
3. Tap “Story” and turn the “Allow sharing to Story” switch to the “On” position.
By using the same switch, you can prevent other people from privately sharing your Story in messages.
In the event that someone shares my Story, will I be notified?
No. If someone shares their Story on Instagram, no one gets a notification.