Today’s article is regarding How you can Connect Spotify to Discord in Easy Steps and Listen Along with Buddies. Discord is 1 of the popular chat applications you can use to stay connected, share your screen, or listen to music with your buddies and communities. While you can add 1 of the Discord music bots to your server to listen along with a community, Discord also gives a neat integration with Spotify to show what you are listening to as your Discord status. This way, your buddies can discover new music, see what you are up to, and even choose to listen along.
Connect Spotify to Discord in 2021
Today, we’ll be going through the methods you can follow to connect Spotify to Discord on PC and Mobile.
Connect Spotify to Discord account on Mobile.
1. Open the Discord application and press on your avatar to access User settings. From the User settings section, press on the Connections menu.
2. All your current connections will appear here. If you have not connected Discord to any other service before, press on the Add button in the top right corner.
3. From the listing of services that appears now, choose Spotify. You will now have to sign in to your Spotify account and authorize Discord.
4. One Final step you need to follow is to allow Device broadcast status permission from Spotify’s settings. This is needed for Discord to see what you are listening to. After you give this permission, your listening status will appear on Discord even if you are listening from Spotify’s mobile app.
Connect Spotify to Discord account on Computer.
1. Log-in to your Discord account from the Computer and tap on the Settings icon present close to your username in the bottom left corner of the screen. Tapping on this will take you to Discord’s Settings page.
2. From the Connections section in User settings, tap on Spotify. Here, you’ll see the option to connect your Spotify account along with accounts from other programs, namely Twitch, YouTube, Battle.net, Reddit, Steam, Facebook, Twitter, Xbox Live, and GitHub. Tap on Spotify and wait for confirmation.
3. As soon as you tap on Spotify, a popup window will appear, urging you to log in to Spotify. When you’ve successfully logged in, you will see your Spotify account in Discord’s Connections section.
4. The toggle ‘Display Spotify as your status’ gives controls to enable or disable Spotify listening status. Meanwhile, if you require to add a link to your Spotify profile on your Discord profile, don’t forget to enable the ‘Display on profile’ toggle. As a result, your buddies can easily access your Spotify account and play some of your favorite public playlists.
5. As you can view below, people on mutual Discord servers will now see what you are listening to along with the current progress. Others can pick to join you in the listening session by tapping on the ‘Listen Along’ button present next to ‘Play on Spotify’ button.
6. Your buddies on Discord can see what you are listening to from the ‘Active Now’ section. For example, here’s one of my buddies listening to Arctic Monkeys to cure his Monday blues.
Also, Check :
- Connect Discord to Twitch in All Possible Ways
- Add Bots to a Discord Server
- Best Voice Changer Apps for Discord
Connect Spotify To Discord and Listen Along with Buddies:
Connect Spotify To Discord is a great way to share what you’re listening to with your buddies. Whether it is vibing to your desired tunes or having calming ambient music in a study session with your buddy, Spotify and Discord have got you covered. I hope you find this article helpful. Thanks for Reading!