This article is regarding how you can Connect Discord to Twitch in All Possible Ways. Discord and Twitch are 2 different but popular streaming services. Well, what can be even greater than connecting and making them work together in the world of streaming? So, I’m going to cover all the possible ways you can Connect Discord to Twitch, from native options to using 3rd-party apps. Each method unlocks new features from showing the Discord chat in your Twitch stream to displaying Twitch ID in your Discord profile. So let’s get started.
1- How to Connect Discord to Twitch on Mobile
Here is how you can Connect Discord to Twitch on mobile. The method is the same on both Android and iOS.
- Open the Discord app and choose your profile icon at the bottom right corner. Then select the Connections option.
- Now press on Add at the top right corner, scroll down and choose the Twitch option.
- Log-in to your Twitch account and turn on Display on the profile to show your Twitch username on your Discord profile.
2- How to Connect Discord to Twitch on the Desktop
While Twitch does not provide an option to connect, Discord is more accommodating and has a built-in way to connect with Twitch. This will display your Twitch username in your Discord profile that can assist in promoting your streams. Furthermore, you can find all the Twitch users in your Discord server and connect to them quickly directly from Discord. Here is how you can Connect Discord to Twitch on the Desktop.
- To connect, open Discord and press on the Settings icon beside your username at the bottom right corner.
- Here, press on the Connections tab to find options to connect Discord with 3rd-party services like Twitch, YouTube, etc. Select Twitch to begin the process.
- This will open a pop-up. Log in to your Twitch account if you’re not already logged in on the Browser. Now press on Authorize to allow Discord to access your Twitch profile.
- Once done, scroll-down and enable the Display on profile option to show the Twitch profile in your Discord account.
3- How to Notify People on Discord When You Go-Live on Twitch
Although you can connect to Twitch with the built-in Discord setting, it is pretty limited in functionality. All it can perform is display your Twitch ID in your Discord profile and suggest other people’s Twitch ID for you to follow. However, you can use Discord bots to extend the connection and inform everyone on your server when you go live on Twitch. But it’s a premium feature that you need to pay $4/month for annual billing.
- 1st, open the MEE6 website and press on Add to Discord to log in with your Discord account. Approve the MEE6 bot to access your account.
- Choose the Discord server where you would like to notify users. It will open a pop-up window. Press on Authorize to grant permissions to MEE6 to access that server.
- That will close the popup window, and you’ll be redirected to the MEE6 dashboard, where you can get an Upgrade to Premium option at the top right corner.
- Press on it and choose a monthly, yearly, or lifetime subscription as it is a paid feature.
- Press on Dashboard in the left sidebar.
- Scroll-down and enable Twitch to subscribe to the Twitch account.
- Fill out details/information of the Twitch ID you want to follow, the message that you want to show when that ID is about to go live, and the channel name where the message should be posted.
- Press on Save, and you’ll receive the message on Discord when that ID goes live. Also, You can use your Twitch ID to notify people in your Discord server when you go live.
4- How to Connect Discord Audio to Twitch
When you’re streaming on Twitch, people watching can view your game but can’t hear the voice chat or discussions you’re having with other players. So if you desire to connect voice chat on Discord and stream to Twitch, here is how you can do so.
- First, Discord’s web app does not support the feature, so download and install the Discord desktop app.
- Install the Discord StreamKit Overlay for OBS. To achieve that, open the StreamKit link and press on Install for OBS.
- Press on Authorize on the Discord app to permit Streamkit to access messages in your account.
- Once approved, get back to the streamkit website and press on Voice Widget.
- Here, fill out details, for example, what server you want to install, what voice channel you desire to share on Twitch, and additional details.
- Now, copy the link that you’ll find in the bottom right sidebar.
- Now, open the OBS app and tap the plus button (+) in the Sources box to add a source.
- Pick the Browser option from the drop-down menu.
- Build a new source and give it a name.
- Next, Paste the Voice Widget URL that you copied in the OBS URL text box and Tap OK to save changes.
Now, You can start streaming on Twitch, and it will include voice chats.
5- How to Connect Discord Chat to Twitch
Quite Like the Discord voice chat, if you also require an overlay of your Discord chat on your Twitch stream. You can quickly do that with the same Discord steam kit overlay for the OBS app.
- Install the Discord app as it won’t work on the Discord web app.
- Install the Discord Streamkit Overlay for OBS.
- Press on Authorize to give Streamkit permission to access your account messages.
- Once Approved, get back to the streamkit website and press on Chat Widget.
- Here, fill out the details, for example, on what server you want to install, the text channel that you desire to share on Twitch, and other details.
- Copy the link you see on the bottom right side, as shown in the screenshot below.
- Open the OBS app and tap the plus button (+) under the Sources box to add a source.
- Pick Browser from the drop-down menu.
- Build a new source and give it a name.
- Next, Paste the Voice Widget URL that you copied in step 6 and tap OK to save changes.
- You can see the chat widget in the preview. You can resize, drag, and place it in any position.
You can now start streaming like you normally do, and your stream will include the chat widget.
Wrap Up: Connect Discord to Twitch
Well, All you can do with the native feature in Discord is to display your Twitch ID in your Discord profile. However, you can extend the feature to notify of Twitch streams by using the MEE6 bot. Lastly, Streamkit can help you while streaming on Twitch to stream Discord audio and chat in Twitch.