This article is regarding how to Add Bots to a Discord Server. Discord is very famous for the free chat service for gamers; in fact, Discord possesses 140 million monthly active users. A lot of that is because the application is straightforward to use, and managing servers on Discord is also easy. While Discord is pretty powerful at what it does, there is always a scope for adding more features. After all, not everyone utilizes Discord the same way. To customize a Discord server to your desire and add new features, Discord lets you add bots to the server. Therefore, here is how to add bots to your Discord server in 2021.
Note: Adding bots to a server wants you to have “Manage Server” permissions on the server you’re adding the bot. We will explain how you can obtain these permissions on your server as well, so read on.
Find and Add Bots to a Discord Server
Discord bots can add a ton of extra functionality to servers. They can also give fun activities to do with members of the server. In this article, we’ll discuss how you can add bots to your Discord server. Plus, we’ll also discuss how you can find new bots for your Discord server because many people struggle to find new or helpful bots.
How Do I Add Bots to a Discord Server
Adding bots on a Discord server is fairly easy, as it should be. All you need to perform is log into your Discord account in a browser, and you are good to go. I’m assuming that you have already chosen the bots you want to add to your Discord server. Once you’ve got the bots that you want to add to your server, follow the actions below:
- Move to the Discord app website, and log in to your Discord account. Choose the server you want to add the bots to and tap on the drop-down arrow next to the server’s name.
- Move to ‘Server Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
- Tap on ‘Roles’, scroll down, and enable ‘Manage Server’ permission under the General Server Permissions section. Once done, tap on ‘Save Changes’. Do make sure that you only provide trusted individuals to manage the server and not everyone.
- On the Discord bot website stated above, find the bot you want to use and tap on Add to Server.
- On the next page, choose the server to which you want to add the bot from the ‘Add to Server’ drop-down menu, and tap on Continue.
- Approve the permissions that the bot will take on your server and tap on Authorize.
That’s all you need to perform, and the bot will be added to your Discord server. You can utilize bots to extend the functionality obtainable on your server or add fun things to do with your friends.
Note: A lot of Discord bots are further hosted on GitHub. To install those, you can see the Wiki for these GitHub projects to find the installation guide for the bot. It is impossible to cover them in an article, as the methods differ from bot to bot.
How to Find Bots for Discord
Let’s take a glance at how you can find useful Discord bots. There are a few steps to do this, but the easiest one, and the 1 I use most often, is heading to the Unofficial Discord Bots website.
Here you’ll find the most used Discord Bots right on the front page itself, and you can use those on your server if you like.
There’s also a convenient search option on this website that you can use to find bots for your use case.
Simply Add Bots to a Discord Server:
Now that you understand how you can add bots to a Discord server, enhance your server with excellent bots that you find useful. There are many bots obtainable for Discord, and you can look through the article and website I suggested to find some of the best ones out there. As always, we love to know your view on Discord bots, as well as the app itself. Share your opinions in the comments section below.