Well, While trying to open the company file in QuickBooks, you may find the following error message and will give you the dialogue box to click on OK. So, No other information will be displayed, plus the QuickBooks cannot open the company file.
However, When the QuickBooks Company File moved from one machine to another or another drive, the permission properties will be affected. Also, file integrity needs to be checked.
- Open the location of the company file.
- Right-click on the file & select Properties.
- Now, Click on the Security window.
- Here, select all the users one by one and provide Full Control by clicking on the checkbox next to allow.
- So, Click on the Advanced button & navigate to the Owner tab.
- Well, Change the owner to the Administrator or to the person who has logged in to the system.
- Tap on OK to close the Advanced Security Settings & OK again to close the file properties window.
- So, Please open the following location to download & install the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- Now, Click the following link to download the diagnostic tool –
- I was hoping you could enter your e-mail address and check the option I agree to the terms and conditions & click on the Download Tool button.
- Well, Once downloaded, double-click on the file to install the tool.
- Tap Start > All programs > QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool > QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool on your Windows operating system.
- Thus, Under Test Connectivity, click on Browse and select the company file and click on Test Connectivity.
- In case if you see File Open successful (all Advanced statuses have green checkmarks), your network connection is working fine, & you should be able to open the file.
- Finally, Try opening the QuickBooks company file again.
Final Words :
We hope this solution worked for you and you will solve all the Issue regarding the QuickBooks Company File Error Code 6177.