Streaming device of Chromecast needs for the connection of WiFi with it. But, only one device can be connected to the Chromecast at a time. It means user needs for resetting the Chromecast if they need for the change of networks. Multiple ways for the changing of WiFi networks on Chromecast are there.
Ways of Changing WiFi on Chromecast
First of all, switch on the TV and open the app of Google Home to change the WiFi network on Chromecast. Then choose the device and click on the icon of gear available at the right-top screen’s corner. At last, click on the WiFi and then on the “Forget this Network”.
Note: User must make sure that the connection of the same network is with the user’s smartphone or any other device and Chromecast before starting. User need for the resetting of Chromecast manually if the user didn’t connect to the network. Resetting of Chromecast process is shown below.
- First of all, switch on the TV and connect the Chromecast. If the user see the device’s light, then it can tell Chromecast is turn on.
- Then, open the app of Google Home, which is available for free in Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
- After that, choose the Chromecast from your device. Name of this is same as user giving it in the setup process. It looks like a ‘Living Room TV’.
- In the next step, click on the icon of gear located at the right-top screen’s corner.
- In the next step, choose the WiFi.
- After that, click on the option of “Forget this Network”.
- After the WiFi network is forget from Chromecast, the user can switch it to another one by again setting up the device. If user need the process of setting up the Chromecast, then go through the instructions given below.
User may not connect Chromecast to a new network of WiFi. If such a thing happens, users need the Chromecast resetting manually and then connect it to the new network by again setting up.
Ways of Changing Network of WiFi by Chromecast Manual Resetting
For Chromecast manually resetting, click and keep holding down to the button of reset on the device’s side. After that, power cable of USB disconnection and re-connection to Chromecast.
- Tap and keep tapped down the button of “Reset” located on the Chromecast’s side and next to the micro-port of USB. Keep tapped button till the orange flashing light is stopped as well as white flashing light is start. User can find this button at the device’s back if it has Chromecast of 1st generation. Tap and hold this button till the streaming device’s light stop flashing.
- Disconnect the Power Cable of USB. After disconnection, few seconds wait.
- Reconnect the power cable of USB. By doing this, the device is resetting to the conditions as given by the factory.
- After Chromecast resetting, user needs for again setting up.
Way of Chromecast Setting Up
- First of all, open the Google Home application and click on the sign of “Plus” located at the left-top screen of the phone.
- Then, click on the option of “Set Up Device”.
- In the next step, click on the “Set Up New Devices” option.
- In the next step, home selection or creation is performed and then click on the Next.
- Then, Wait for the device discovering for the Application and then click on the Next.
- In the next step, wait for the device connection for the app.
- In the next step, click on the “Yes” for confirming that code is see by you on TV. If the code is not the same, then click on the “No” and then click on the “Scan for Devices”.
- Until the “Connect to WiFi” page is seen, perform steps according to the given instructions in this page. Here, user choose the network of WiFi for connection. They may require for the entrance of password of WiFi at this stage.
- Wait for connection of device with network of WiFi.
Also, Check :
- After the se of scrscreen thatthat Linking your Chromecast, user cthe an press continue or tap on X located at the left-top corner for start utilizing the device.