The task of transcribing on your own can be quite difficult. But owing to artificial intelligence, the top transcription software are now easily accessible and can swiftly and effectively convert any audio or video to text.
With these speech-to-text applications, you not only become more productive and save a good chunk of time, but also increase the accessibility of your material for both your audience and search engines.
Transcription software is here to make your life a whole lot easier by instantly turning your audio and video files into text, whether it be for educational reasons, journalism, interviews, or podcasts for your YouTube channel!
Several factors, including the required level of accuracy, money, time, and other considerations, affect the choice of speech-to-text software.
In order to make it easier for you to choose the platform that best suits your needs, we have researched and ranked the top transcription software platforms that are going to be offered in 2022.
12 Best Transcription Software for Audio and Video to Text
The following are our selections for the best audio and video transcription software for 2022:
1. GoTranscript – Best Audio & Video transcription services
GoTranscript provides a full range of human-based services (transcription, translation, captioning, and subtitling) for more than 60 languages at a cost that won’t break the bank with accuracy of at least 99%.
Since its launch in 2005, the platform has assembled a staff of more than 20,000 transcription and translation specialists worldwide. With industry heavyweights like Forbes, TechRadar, Netflix, and many others, their clientele is rather remarkable.
The ordering process is quite simple thanks to the dashboard’s organisation and convenience. GoTranscript, unlike the majority of automated transcribing services, enables customers to submit notes, permitting you to specify things like speaker labels, timestamp formatting, and asking for particular punctuation standards, among other things.
Your files are divided into smaller pieces and assigned to transcribers as soon as you place an order. Following completion of each segment, the transcript undergoes a merging procedure and a final proofreading is given to remove any inconsistencies. With the help of this technology, on-time project delivery is guaranteed without sacrificing accuracy or quality.
Additionally, GoTranscript provides an Android and iOS mobile app that works as a digital recorder and enables you to instantly upload your audio, place orders, and keep track of your past orders.
Top Benefits & Features
- 100% human services that ensure superiority and correctness.
- Over 60 languages are covered by a multilingual team of experts in transcription, translation, captioning, and subtitling.
- Regardless of project size, quick response times
- Offers loyalty discounts ($10) and a free trial.
- Supports the most popular audio/video formats, including YouTube, Dropbox
- Transcription rates start at $0.77 per minute.
- From $0.06 per word for translation
- From $1.11 per minute for captions
- From $8.50 per minute for subtitles
2. Trint – Audio Transcription Software
An AI-based audio transcription tool called Trint employs various technologies to comprehend human speech and then transform it into text in up to 34 different languages.
Trint can be really helpful if you’re an Apple user because it effortlessly supports both MacOS and iOS. You can enter phone numbers, upload files to Trint, see transcripts, and download files directly to your device using the company’s mobile app.
Trint can accurately transcribe phone calls, interviews, audio and video data, and archives. Trint has a 99% accuracy rate, which is exceptionally high compared to the imperfect accuracy of AI-based transcription.
Additionally, Trint gives users the option to alter and browse transcripts.
Top Benefits & Features
- Windows, MacOS, and iOS compatible
- Upto 34 languages are supported
- Under 3 seconds of real-time transcription in 31 different languages
- Work effortlessly with teams on all projects
- High degree of accuracy (99%)
- Integrated text editor
- No need to download any software
- Most audio and video formats are supported (.mp3, .mp4, .m4a, .aac, .wma, .avi, .wav, .mov)
- Multiple formats are available for exporting transcripts (.docx, .srt, .vtt, .txt, .stl, .edl, .html, .xml, .csv)
- Add jargon, people names, brand names, and uncommon spellings to your personal dictionary.
- Remarks on effective teamwork
- For emphasis, highlight and underline the text.
- Pricing for Trint offers both annual (20% off) and monthly billing options.
- Beginning: a few transcriptions every month, $48 monthly
- Advanced: $60 per month for unlimited transcriptions
- Enterprise: The best transcribing service for businesses, with personalised price
3. Rev.com – Transcribe Speech to Text
Rev offers a variety of audio to text conversion services, including both manual and automatic AI-generated transcriptions, to suit your needs.
Rev has you covered whether you need live captioning for Zoom meetings, English or international subtitles and captions, or experienced transcribers handling your file with a 99% accuracy rate.
For your Zoom meetings, virtual conferences, video presentations, and webinars, Rev offers automatic audio transcription, live captions, manual transcription, captions, as well as both English and Foreign Subtitles (15+ languages).
The 99% accurate, 24/7 professional transcriptionists at Rev can transcribe audio and video files.
You may improve the viewing experience for your viewers by adding captions and subtitles to your videos. They add noteworthy non-vocal components in addition to text conversion and audio conversion.
Additionally, employing foreign subtitles for your videos enhances the chance that a worldwide audience will find you.
Live captions for Zoom make it possible for the deaf and hard hearers to participate, and that can be considered as a terrific opportunity for the company to demonstrate its social responsibility.
With the voice recording capability included in the Rev app for iOS and Android, you can use just one programme for all of your transcription requirements.
Top Benefits & Features
- Services for both manual and automatic transcribing
- 88+ language present for foreign subtitles
- Zoom live captioning
- English subtitles and captions
- Simple and upfront pricing
- Text and audio are both very secure
- Rapid delivery: for audios under 30 minutes, manual transcription takes 12 hours; automatic transcription takes 5 minutes
- Professional transcriptionists and experts are accessible to provide client service around-the-clock
- All captions are ADA and FCC compatible
- Manual transcription costs $1.25 per minute
- 25 cents per minute for automated transcription
- English captions and subtitles costs $1.25 per minute
- $3 to $7 for foreign subtitles each minute
- Zoom’s automated live captioning costs $20 per host
4. Otter.ai – Voice Meeting Notes & Real-time Transcription
Otter is a well-known automated transcription service that converts audio files into text in real time using artificial intelligence.
You can now effectively transcribe audio using your smart phones and export them thanks to the availability of its iOS and Android apps in addition to a desktop programme.
Otter enables you to record or transcribe audio in real time or import recordings by integrating with programmes for online meetings like Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, Cisco Webex, and Zoom. It is a very effective instrument in terms of both time and money.
In order to understand the gist of a tedious recording, you can skip silences, change the playing speed, and search the document for certain keywords after your audio has been transcribed.
Otter is supported by Ambient Voice Intelligence and gets smarter with each recording. It enables you to instruct the system to identify voices and to pick up language based on context.
Even a Basic plan is available, which includes free transcription software and up to 600 minutes of monthly transcription.
Top Benefits & Features
- Live transcription from Cisco Webex, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, and Zoom
- Mobile-friendly iOS and Android apps
- Speaker Identification
- Options for flexible pricing
- Features of Effective Collaboration
- Ability to feed terminology and names
- Different playback rates
- Different export formats (mp3, txt, pdf, docx, srt)
- Secure (TLS encryption)
The pricing for Otter.ai is as follow:
- Basic: Free, 600 monthly minutes, and other limited features
- Pro: up to 6000 minutes each month for $8.33
- Business: $20 per month, which enables you to add more team member names and other parameters
- Enterprise: used by large organisations
With over 40 million users globally, trusted by the organisations like WarnerBros, Adobe, and Uber, Sonix is the best option for all of your transcribing needs.
It has all the tools someone wishing to transcribe audio and video files would want, including automatic translation in both text and subtitles.
Additionally, it offers a user-friendly interface that makes transcription of audio or video file recordings simple even for those who do not consider themselves tech-savvy.
Even better, you can observe the satisfying process of the file’s transcription in action!
The built-in editor can be used to polish the transcribed and subtitled material.
Top Benefits & Features
- Within 5 minutes, transcription of any audio or video clip will be completed.
- Automates translation in more than 30 languages and aids in reaching a global audience
- Automatic, editable subtitles to improve accessibility
- Flexible permissions, convenient publishing and collaboration tools
- Each word has a timestamp for easier referencing.
- Enables you to add remarks and notes to your transcript
- Export transcripts in different file types (Microsoft Word, TXT, or PDFs)
- Download subtitles in popular file types (SRT and VTT)
The cost of Sonix is as follows:
- Standard: $10 per hour (pay as much as you use, ideal for short tasks)
- Premium: $22 per user/month plus $5 per hour.
6. Wreally Transcribes – Transcription Software to Convert Audio to Text
Wreally’s Transcribe is a transcription software that provides a variety of methods for translating audio and video to text, including automatic transcription.
Through its tight standards, the service promotes consumer security and privacy. This enables its users to transcribe audio and video file records containing sensitive information in over 60 languages.
Transcribe offers consumers three transcription ways from which to pick. The first is Magical Automatic Transcription, which transcribes in less than an hour on average.
The other two ways entail human intervention: Voice Type with Dictation and Self Transcription.
The former enables users to convert audio or video into text in real time. When the audio is not clear, this can be really handy.
The last thing you want to do is to manually transcribe your file.
Transcribe allows you to utilise a foot pedal and define acronyms, which it later extends using Text Expander technology for quick typing.
Top Benefits & Features
- Transcription tools use a foot pedal to control audio playback, freeing up your hands.
- Supports over 60 languages
- Magical Automatic Transcription, Voice Type with Dictation, and Self Transcription are the three transcription modalities.
- Auto Loop: Allows your audio to automatically pause and resume while you change your transcript.
- Text Expander: Save acronyms to have scribe expand them as you type.
- Automatic Subtitle Creation Works Offline
- Transcripts can be saved in Doc and TXT formats.
- High-profile data security practises
Pricing for transcription by Wreally is as follows:
- Self-Transcription: $20 per year (Voice Type with Dictation and Self Transcription).
- Automatic transcription costs $20 per year plus $6 per hour.
Who knew you could get automatic audio transcription for free? If you work with common audio file types like WAV, MP3, WMA, and DCT, the free transcription software version has just enough capabilities to get the job done!
Through a variety of useful features, Express Scribe enables users to easily convert audio to text. It is capable of converting audio data from both analogue and digital voice recorders.
Furthermore, to make the process even more effective, you may set up file automation to deliver completed transcripts to your client without any additional work.
To expedite the process, it also provides plugins such as the FastFox Text Expander and Express Invoice Invoicing.
Top Benefits & Features
- There are both free and paid versions available.
- It is simple to integrate with other word processing applications, such as Microsoft Word, Corel Wordperfect, Lotus Word Pro, and others.
- Playback at Various Speeds
- A wide range of formats are supported in both the free and pro versions.
- Hot-keys provide for a mouse-free experience and a quicker response time.
- Set up automation to provide transcripts to your clients automatically.
- Files can be loaded over the internet (FTP), email, or a local computer network.
- Both analogue and digital voice recorders are compatible.
- System requirements are minimal.
- USB Transcribing Pedals are supported.
The Express Scribe pricing structure is as follows:
- Free version
- Paid version that costs $60.
Whether you need a single transcribing service or a number of them, Audext has effective pricing plans that are catered to your requirements.
It offers potential customers a variety of options through its professional and automatic audio transcription services, with one being 99% accurate and the other 80 percent.
Additionally, it has a built-in text editor where you may polish your transcriptions using the second-by-second timestamps.
Top Benefits & Features
- Quick transcription service: 10 minutes to transcribing an hour’s worth of audio files
- Time marking for future use
- Speaker recognition
- Automatic transcription and professional transaction are the two transcribing techniques.
- Text editor built-in: search and replace words
- compatible with a variety of audio file formats, including MP3, M4A, and WAV.
- Service for quick transcription: hour-long audio file is converted into text in about 7 minutes on average.
- User-friendly interface
- Various payment methods are available.
Audext charges the following fees:
- Professional: Audext charges $1.2 per minute and an additional $0.5 for additional characteristics such as verbatim and noisy audio to have your audio transcribed by professional transcribers with 99% accuracy. Timestamps, speaker and accent detection properties are all free of charge.
- Automatic: classic: $12 per hour one-time purchase. Subscription-based: $30 per month – 2 hours of transcription, $5 for each extra hour, the charge per hour reduces as the number of hours increases. While, customised pricing option for businesses enterprises
Discounts are available for audios that are 10 or 20 hours long.
Descript is a tool for audio transcription and much more. It comes with a full-featured podcast editor, a screen recorder, and a video editor, as well as transcription (automatic or done by professional transcriptionists). It includes robust collaboration tools that enable data sharing with other teams in a snap. You can share a project via a web link as soon as you finish it.
It also includes a very helpful Speaker Identification tool that allows you to quickly add speaker labels. You may be confident that your data is always secure because Descript adheres to strong data protection regulations.
It also allows you to sync your projects on the cloud, making them available to any collaborator at any time and from any location. There is also the option to sew previously transcribed audio.
Top Benefits & Features
- White Glove service entails expert audio transcriptions that are 100 percent correct.
- Multiple solutions delivered via a same platform (transcription, podcast editor, screen recorder, and a video editor)
- Transcripts can be exported in a variety of formats (.doc, .rtf, .srt, .vtt)
- Overdubbing (create text to speech model of your voice)
- Filler words can be removed with a single click.
- Zapier will save your data in various cloud storage services (Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and Box).
- Data confidentiality is quite high.
- Free transcribing for up to 3 hours
- $12 per editor each month – up to 10 hours of transcription every month
- Pro: $24 a month per editor – up to 30 hours of transcription per month
- Custom pricing for enterprises
Maestra is a text-to-speech software that may be downloaded and includes a sophisticated text editor.
In addition to speedy automatic audio transcription, it allows users to make subtitles and captions in over 50 languages and instantaneously voice over movies in 20+ foreign languages using computer-generated voice.
Maestra allows prospective clients to try out the transcription software for 15 minutes before purchasing it. It also provides a cloud storage service called MaestraCloud.
To improve the collaboration experience, you may build team-based channels and grant your entire team the ability to edit and read transcripts.
Accounts with Maestra can be shared and used on many devices.
Top Benefits & Features
- Transcription, subtitling, and captioning in over 50 languages
- Over 20 languages have automatic voiceover
- Interactive text and subtitle editor built in
- Subtitles can be exported in WebVTT (.vtt), Cheetah (.cap), Avid DS (.txt), PDF, TXT, and SubRip formats (.srt),
- High-level data encryption technologies are used
- Free Trial
- 5 hours per month for $29 per month
- 10 hours per month for $49 per month
- $99/month for 20 hours per month
- Enterprise – a customised plan for more than 20 hours per month.
Inqscribe is a digital media transcription software that allows users to manually self-transcribe audio and video.
Its straightforward design displays both the video and the text editor in one window, making it simple for users to take notes and/or transcribe.
You can also use simple instructions to insert timecodes as frequently as you want.
Despite its simple design, Inqscribe includes video training, screenshots, and a knowledge library to help beginners meet their video and audio transcription demands.
Top Benefits & Features
- Audio and video formats regularly used are supported.
- Control without a mouse
- Foot pedal compatible
- Various export formats are supported (plain text, XML, HTML, Final Cut Pro XML etc)
- Unicode Compatibility
- Minimum configuration requirements
- Free with limited functionality
- Paid-$99 for individual licence, with student and multiple licencing discounts available.
oTranscribe is a free and open-source web tool for manual self-transcription.
With oTranscibe transcription tools, you have complete control over the application and may use the keyboard to perform operations such as pause, rewind, and fast forward. It contains an interactive timestamp function that makes it easy to navigate through your transcript.
The amazing thing about oTranscribe transcribing tools is that, while being a web-based service, it can be utilised offline.
However, services like YouTube compatibility and Google Drive export will not be available because they require a dedicated internet connection. The website includes a couple of keyboard shortcuts to help beginners transcribe without using a mouse.
Users can also create their own shortcuts for a more efficient transcription experience. The compatibility of audio and video formats is totally dependent on the browser you use to access oTranscribe.
To ensure the safety of your audio, videos, and transcripts, all data is saved locally on your computer rather than on a distant server or on the cloud. To prevent data loss when transcribing audio, oTranscribe’s online software backs up your work progress every 5 minutes and suggests users to export their work at the end of each day.
Top Benefits & Features
- One window contains both the video and the text editor.
- Mouse-free operation
- Time stamps that are interactive
- Backups the current transcript at predefined intervals.
- Data is secure since it is only saved locally on your computer.
- Markdown, plain text, and Google Docs export options
- Only importable.
- OTR oTranscribe file format is supported
- Only plain text (.txt) and Markdown transcripts can be exported (.md)
- Customer service is offered via Twitter and email.
- oTranscribe is available for free.
Transcription software: What is it?
This transcription software helps in turning spoken words into legible text. The main goal of speech recognition technology development is to automatically translate any audio or video file into text.
The best transcription tools can convert any format, including presentations, podcasts, and video lectures, into readable TeTX.
All you have to do for smooth, real-time transcribing is to upload the file to the cloud. Once finished, you can update the transcript as there’s always a chance of typos and other small mistakes.
The Advantages of Using Transcription Softwares
Enlarge your audience
You will be able to appeal to a wide range of audiences by turning your audio into text, and by effectively using your marketing strategies. Some people choose to read rather than listen to audio or view a video. This is especially true when there is a need to provide a lot of subjective information (e.g.-research papers)
Assists those who have disabilities
If your target audience is deaf or blind, transcribed resources can help them stay current on news, read their favourite book, listen to podcasts, etc.
Evidently, text distribution methods are more effective than audio distribution channels, thus transcription software is a necessity if you want to share your information via email, online blogs, or electronic books.
Does Transcription Programs Have Any Restrictions?
It may be challenging for a transcription software to produce precise sentences if some recordings feature speakers who speak too quickly or with a particular accent. Information would be unclear as a result. Such recordings would require hand transcription.
Inadequate Vocabulary and Grammar
All machines require some kind of human input. After the software has finished its work, it is advisable to read the text again and fix any grammatical mistakes, such as improper use of commas, capitalization, and proper nouns. You frequently need to manually enter specific phrases or even company names because software often cannot recognise them.
What to Consider When Choosing the Best Transcription Software?
The speech-recognition software’s mechanism has a significant impact on this element. A decently accurate speech-recognition programme should be able to discern between text pauses, various speech patterns, tenses, and various accents and voices.
A file’s length is the only factor that influences how long it will take to be transcribed. The amount of time it takes to complete a file will increase with the length of the deadline. An hour-long file typically takes 30 minutes to complete. https://www.sunjournal.com/ buy alprazolam 2mg uk
Very few transcription tools, especially those with customised plans, might support endless transcription. On the other hand, the size of the files or the number of times each month may have a limit.
The typical pricing structure for transcription software is on a per-minute basis, with some extra charges for faster processing or verbatim files. In addition, many transcribing programmes offer a number of payment options that vary according to its features. Prior to choosing the final one, you can choose the free trials.
You can choose monthly packages if you run a small business or if you are a content creator with a consistent output, but if you have a high workload that includes lengthy recordings with plenty of details, go for custom packages.
For effective transcription, removing static and background noise is crucial. Whether it’s an interview or any other informal content, always record your voice in clear, high-quality audio.
The important thing is to make sure that everyone speaking on the tape is speaking into a high-tech microphone one at a time. Second, transcription can be challenging since phone call recordings made with a smartphone are frequently unclear. So, for once, spend the money on a digital voice recorder, and you’ll be good to go!
Always keep in mind that automatic transcriptions function best in structured environments with two-way communication, free from interruptions from other participants. While, manual transcribing is the best option if you need to transcribe a discussion or something similar.
Another quality to look for in transcription software is an easy-to-use user interface, particularly if you are not computer educated.
Import-export choices are the most popular ones and include all required commands like navigation buttons on an easy-to-understand dashboard.
Timestamps can also be utilised in audio transcriptions, although they are usually the most helpful tool for vloggers and video producers. These are identifiers that allow the user to determine the precise moment the audio was uttered from within your transcribed file. Simply put, timestamps are precisely synchronised with the timecode, making hurried changes to the file simple.
Editors for Transcriptions
Numerous transcription software packages come with built-in editors that let you highlight and alter any parts of the transcribed version.
Make advantage of the playback controls and the rewind buttons to review your work before exporting the final version. The text can be rearranged, made shorter, etc. Hence, having a powerful, built-in editor is helpful if your company frequently employs transcribing services.
Mobile app Accessibility
There are certain transcription software programmes that offer mobile apps for iPhone and Android. Some of the best ones let users use the app as a digital voice recorder and then get transcripts for the recordings, like GoTranscript, Temi, Otter, and Rev. Mobile apps should not be used to transcribe audio from large files; instead, they should only be used to transcribe audio from tiny files, such as voice memos or brief interviews.
When transcribing personal material, make sure privacy measures are in order due to the increase in phishing efforts. To learn about the data encryption methods, see the privacy statement in the software. Check to see if the software strives to minimise the burden on their servers as low as possible and if you can promptly remove any file on your own.
Particularly in high-pressure work contexts where accuracy is of utmost importance, software that enables you to include all tiny dialogue nuances, such as pauses, stutters (‘ahs’ and ‘ums’), is a significant advantage. Verbatim transcription simply translates the precise sound into text without changing a single syllable.