Roku Player allows its users to watch unlimited TV shows and movies on applications (also known as channels). Similar to the downloading of applications in smartphones, Roku allows downloading channels in their Roku device. The numbers of free and paid channels are there are added in 3 ways. These ways include using Roku Website, Roku Mobile App, and the device. These processes are described as below:
Utilizing Roku Device for Adding Apps
Tap on the Home button of theRoku remote. By doing this, the home menu will be opened.
By clicking on Streaming Channels’ option available at the left sidebar, it will open the store of Roku Channel.
Users can select a category available or search for the channel name in the option of Search Channels. Channel name will be the name of the channel the user wants to add. User can also tap on the button of Rewind or Fast Forward so that user can up or down a page using Roku Remote when browsing lists.
Click on the OK button from the remote for learning more details about the channel. By doing this, the channel’s rating and synopsis will be displayed as well as shows screenshots.
Add or buy a channel when the wanted channel is found. The button adds a channel if the channel is free of cost. But, this button will show the price and buy if the required channel is paid. This method may perform channel installation on the Roku menu homepage.
Note: Such applications are also available like YouTubeTV, free, but these free applications require paying for subscriptions or views.
Users can enter if they have a PIN of Roku account but if they don’t have any PIN, then perform the payment processor’s instructions.
Utilizing Roku Websites for Adding Apps
Users can add their channels by utilizing the computer if no Roku Device is available.
- Go to the website of ChannelStore.Roku.com.
- After that, tap on the Sign In option available at the right-upper corner. If it is not available, users can perform the zoom out or expand their browser window.
- First, Sign In or go for account creation.
- At last, select the channel you want and then press on the option of Add Channel. Users can also go for browsing channels by using the genre or category. Otherwise, the user can perform channel searching by using the box of Search Channel. After finding the channel, users can see the screenshot, rating, synopsis, and channel cost by clicking on the Details option.
The user needs to additionally complete the step for the purchasing of the paid channel.
Note: By this method, 24 hours will be taken for adding a channel to Roku Device. Because this device automatically checks the new changes in the system each day, go to Roku device and then go into the Settings>System>System Update and go for Check Now option for getting it faster.
Utilizing Roku Mobile App for Adding Apps
User can use their smartphones for adding channels.
- First of all, perform Roku app downloading available in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
- Then, open this app and click on the Channels icon at the screen’s bottom on the navigation bar. Users will have to click on the Connect option in the next window if using this app for the first time. After that, pair the device by choosing from the appearing list.
- After that, click on the Channel Store at the top menu.
- For genre searching, scroll down, otherwise search by name by clicking on the magnifying glass icon.
- At last, Click on the Add Channel Option.
If the channel is paid, then follow instructions for purchasing. User needs to enter in it if they have the PIN of Roku account.
Note: As the second method, channels take one day to add to the Roku device by utilizing the mobile app.
Also, Check :
If there are Roku remote problems, then check our article on how to pair a Roku remote.